Monday, March 8, 2010

Yummy Red Velvet Cake w/ cream cheese frosting!

Ok, I don't have time to type up the recipe and I haven't taken any photos yet. But here's where you can get the recipe for the red velvet cake & cream cheese frosting that I used for my cupcakes yesterday. The only difference is that I portioned the cake batter into 24 cupcakes, and cooked them for 18 minutes. I also halved the frosting since I figured half would be enough for the cupcakes, as opposed to the layer cake. (I was right; I have almost a cup of frosting left over in the fridge.)

The cake is good, but I'm particularly impressed with the frosting. Perfect texture, easy, and it's more reminiscent of a buttercream frosting flavored with cream cheese. I find it to be a perfect blend of sweetness with a light cream cheese flavor. Already I'm thinking of trying this on my favorite banana chip snack cake. (Also an ATK recipe from one of their cookbooks; it's fabulous!)

You'll probably need to create a login account with Cook's Country TV, but it's free and believe me, the ATK crew's recipes are well worth having. Cook's Illustrated/America's Test Kitchen/Cook's Country are my go-to recipes. I've loved them for years. :)

Go here to get the Red Velvet Cake & Cream Cheese Frosting recipe from Cook's Country. (Remember that you may need to create a login to view it, plus the recipes are only free during the current season of Cook's Country. So this recipe may not be available for free, depending on when you're reading this post.)

No comments: