Friday, May 9, 2008

The pin shadowbox question answered! :)

My friend Fran asked about the Disney pin project I posted earlier this week. So, here's what's involved. I found a 12 x 12 inch shadowbox frame at...I think it was...Target, about a year ago. My intention was to use it for a regular scrapbook page, but this worked much better. I used 2 12 x 12 inch cork tiles, which were stuck together with the little adhesive tabs that came with the package of (4) tiles. I think these were from Michael's or WalMart. Then I used photo safe double sided adhesive tape from Creative Memories to affix the 12 x 12 printed layout onto the tile. I took all my pins and did a general placement test (with the pinbacks still attached) so I could get a good idea of how I wanted the pins laid out. Once I was happy with the placement, I took one pin at a time, took the back off, and poked it through the photo into the cork. (2 cork tiles was just the right thickness so that the pins wouldn't pop through the back; they are well stuck in cork.) Finally, the whole shebang was placed back under the glass and the back was reattached to the frame. Thankfully it all fit. :)

No comments: