Thursday, May 22, 2008

Finding projects

I came across this website called Instructables as part of my browsing the BzzAgent site. And Instructables is pretty cool, I have to admit. (Granted, there's some junk there, too!) I think I could spend way too much time looking at little projects to do. For instance, one of the things I came across was how to make your own cooling scarf. If you have no idea what this is, it's a long, thin piece of fabric that's filled with polymer beads that expand & hold water when soaked. The water is slowly released from the bead, and it keeps the fabric damp. You wear it around your neck to help keep you cool. My dh and I started using these several years ago back when we were in our rollercoaster/themepark days, because it gets hot walking around in the summer in Texas. :) I'd always had a general idea of how to make them, but there were step-by-step instructions with photos on Instructables. Just think...I could probably find some Disney fabric and make these for a Disney trip. Cool! (If I ever do that, I'll post a pic. :D )

Anyways, there's all sorts of stuff to look at there, so you might find it worth a visit. ;)

No comments: