Monday, March 10, 2008

I would never want to be in tech support!

I sat down on Friday and made an effort to back up my photos. When I got PSE6, my greatest hope was that they had resolved the issue I was having where it wouldn't let me make incremental backups. Every time I was backing up in PSE4 I had to do a full backup, which takes hours and hours. No fun, so it also made me not back up as often as I should be. Well, it *looks* like the incremental problem is fixed in PSE6, but I'm still fighting either the program or my dvd burner. I get about 60-70% done with burning a disk and then there's a write error. So I've been fighting this stuff since Friday (yes, I took a break over the weekend) and still have not been able to get PSE or Nero to back up my photos. (Oddly enough, I can burn a partial single disk in Nero, but I get a write error when I try to write a full disk. If you were here right now, you'd hear me tearing out my hair over all this.)

So, since I need my photos backed up pronto, I'm currently using an online backup service. Once I get my dvd situation straightened out, I'll use that, too. But at least I can get SOMETHING done today so I feel a little better.

Hope your Monday's going a bit better than mine!

No comments: