Wednesday, March 5, 2008

A project I'm finally working on



For a long time now, one of the things I've been saying I'm going to do is get my Disney World pins on display in the house. My plan has been to make some sort of background, affix it to some cork, and then mount it in a frame after I stick my pins in the background. I've been collecting pins that relate to rides, places, & events at WDW since our first trip in 2000. So I have quite a few now. :)

I finally felt motivated today to get to work on a background, and this is what I have so far. I say "so far" but I'm pretty happy with this, so I'll probably get it printed & see how it turns out. The main background paper is from my Retro Mouse paper pack that is over on my freebies blog. Each photo at the bottom was taken during our trips, then I ran the Cutout filter on it until I got the look I wanted, joined them all together, and then faded/lightened and gave it an extra saturation boost. Then the white border frame was added with a stroke, plus I painted in dividers with white and a square brush. The "Walt Disney" font is Waltograph, and the World is something I keep in my word art stash, because it's a comination of a couple of fonts plus an extra bit on the "W" is removed.

I'll post an update if I get this framed & finished the way I want it to be. :)

No comments: