Friday, March 7, 2008

The Picture of Today is from a year ago!



I'm thinking seriously of getting this printed for display somewhere in my house. I love bluebonnets and we're creeping up on that time of the year again. :) Man, I love flowers! Of course, as I'm writing this there's snow on the ground. We've had several late winter cold spells here, which is pretty unusual for our area.

So, last year was my first time getting bluebonnet shots. I trooped out before 7 in the morning to drive 20 minutes away to get some sunrise pictures of a local bluebonnet field. It was a little cold and I was sitting on the concrete or kneeling in the mud a few times, but it was worth it. Then we took the kids there the next day around sunset and got some more wonderful pictures. I also went to the Dallas Arboretum a few times during Dallas Blooms to shoot some pics. Did I mention I love flowers? :)

1 comment:

Dawn Endres said...

I love flowers too! I need to find a good bluebonnet spot. I usually just go down Merrit and it's on the right before you get to Sachse Rd. I love that pic. This weather has been pretty crazy. I am so ready for SPRING!